We want to work with you in your search for relief, hope and cure. We want to work effectively and collaboratively. Hypnosis is effective. We believe that YOU have the answer to your problems. We help you in finding it. As they say – most of the time – problem is the solution; question is the answer. The brilliance of a newly cut diamond comes from the cuts on it. So whatever solution you are in search of – we help you in shaping your reality so that it provides the best solution for you.
Click on the diagram to enlarge
Hypnosis is NOT relaxation but hypnosis can lead to relaxation. Most of the treatment methods that involve hypnosis involve relaxation as well. Since anxiety and tension is part of the presenting picture it is meaningful to go into relaxation in hypnosis session and to learn about relaxing since that is the goal – to be relaxed even in the midst of tension and in the face anxiety and worries. A relaxed mind helps surface your solutions from inside you.
Typical Hypnosis session
The process of hypnotic treatment involves several factors
1) The client (You) get to talk about why you came in NOW for help with hypnosis. The hypnotist will take some time to get to know you, what brought you to the clinic and what can be done. In particular the emphasis will be not only on your problems but also on the strengths and skills you already have. The hypnotist believes that you have the experiences ( which are part of your subconscious mind even if you cannot consciously remember them) and resources that you can access in hypnosis. You can ask and clarify any questions / concerns you have. Client and therapist agree on what is the goal of the session.
2) Hypnotic session involves physical and mental relaxation associated with hypnotic induction. Hypnotic induction means the establishment of a specific kind of communication between the hypnotist and the client. Relaxation helps in this hypnotic induction. Relaxation can also occur after the induction stage.
3) Suggestions for “deepening” hypnosis are given. Deepening involves deeper relaxation and helps in achieving more extensive imagery and visualization. These help in he hypnotic process.
3) Appropriate ‘suggestions are given in a collaborative manner and in a positive way for the client to achieve the agreed upon goals.
4) The hypnotic response will involve a shift in the consciousness orientation with the conscious mind becoming more distracted and the sub conscious mind becoming more accessible.
5) If necessary there might be an effort made to help the client some past events. This will be more in favor of remembering past successes than really bringing out the past negative experiences. The hypnotist believes that the past is full of solutions and strategies that had worked for the client and some of them might be more appropriate for the current situation.
6) The client is taught self-hypnosis / meditative techniques. Sometimes the session is recorded and recording is given to client to listen to.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
1) A healthy hypnotic ( or any therapeutic / healing) relationship is more effective in a positive, trusting relationship.
2) The hypnotic session is directed toward empowering the client by focusing on the client’s strengths.
3) Hypnotist works on the basic premise that ALL information is processed by both the conscious and subconscious systems.
4) We work based on the principle that the past is NOT full of problems but full of resources and solutions.
5) We believe that more than dwelling on the past it is better to culture the present to create a better future.
6) We work with an integrative and wholistic perspective .
What it means is we consider everything about you to understand, approach and form the best way to work with you and tap your resources. For example what is given below is a sample of what items will be considered.
Multi Modal Assessment
ITEM CONSIDERED EXAMPLE
|Drugs / biology||